Sunday, September 25, 2011

We Are Officially Rednecks


Friday night we went to a Monster Truck Show at the Dixie Speedway.  Something I NEVER thought I'd do.  Living in Georgia, there is always the "stigma" of being a redneck.  The South in general has that attached to it.  Though being from the North, to some, is just as bad.

Anyway, both my boys are in Scouts.  The Scouts said the Pledge of Allegiance at the show, so we sort of "had" to go.


I was SO not looking forward to this.

But lo and behold...it was actually kind of fun. (Don't tell anyone!).

First they did donuts:


They they jumped over cars.


But the best part was when the boys got to say the Pledge of Allegiance in front of everyone:  I always get emotional when the Pledge and the National Anthem are sung at events. I'm a proud American, albeit one with a red neck!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment