Sunday, September 18, 2011

Odds and Ends

Hello ya'll (this from a Yankee born, southern raised girl):

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Hubby and I are on the countdown to our "get away".  Two weeks from yesterday, he and I are off to Virginia to meet up with my best friend (31 years and counting) and her hubby sans children.  Hubby's two oldest boys are "babysitting" for the week.  Kind of nervous, but they're both good kids and responsible.  His oldest is 19 and youngest is 17, so I think we're good.  Should I think, or know???  Hmmmm....

My dad is about 2 miles away so I KNOW we're all good.

While in VA we'll be heading to Colonial Williamsburg and Gettysburg as a foursome and then for 2 glorious days, my BFF and I are off to Lancaster PA and SHOPPING and then I think we'll SHOP and then, to wrap things up, I think we'll SHOP.  We haven't seen each other in over a year so I'm SO looking forward to this.  Her and I clicked from day one.  Have you ever known anyone like that?  We are so comfortable together and no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other or spoken, it's just like we've never been apart.  We kid each other and say we should just become girlfriends and get it over with (no offense intended in any way shape or form).  We've been to romantic get aways such as Put In Bay OH which if you've never been has been called the Key West of the north.  We've also journeyed to Niagara Falls.  Last year I went and visited her in Seattle (she moved to VA shortly after) and we made our way to Forks Washington (which is the home of the Twilight books).  We went to all the spots made famous including La Push aka First Beach:

Purty isn't it??

Anyway, her and I have been through a lot with each other.  Divorces, miscarriages, marriages, teenage anxst, you name it!!!  I'm really looking forward to seeing her again:

When her and her hubby are working, my hubby and I will be headed off to Washington DC. He's never been so I'm looking forward to taking him around. Then we he and I have one more day where we'll be on our own.  I'm hoping to be able to go to Leonardtown MD where I was born.  I was only about 2 months old when we moved back to TX where I great up (that and South Florida).

All of this sans children.  While I love my boys more than anything in the world.  And while I know I"ll miss them within hours of leaving, my hubby and I RARELY have alone time.  My boys are always with us because their worthless, POS real birth father never calls or sees them (are you sensing some bitterness there?  Hmmmm, I'll have to work on that won't I?).  So unless my sister and her hubby have the boys over for a sleep over with their cousins, hubby and I are always married with children.  While I wouldn't have it any other way, it's nice to have some alone time.

Anyway, Friday night was one of those rare outings.  Hubbie's youngest (Tyler) was with us so he babysat while hubby and I went to dinner at a charming spot known as 52 Bistro.  If you live in the Atlanta area, GO THERE!!!  They offer coupons on Restaurant.com.  We got a $25 certificate for $5!!!!!  $37 (appetizer, drinks and two entrees).  With the $5 for the certificate, we had to put out an additional $17 for the meal, tip included.  Regardless, the food was AWESOME!! The atmosphere, charming.  It's in the heart of downtown Alpharetta if you'd like to venture there.

Last night we broke in the hubby's father day present, a fire pit.  The boys and us roasted marshmallows and told ghost stories (note to self:  don't tell too scary ghost stories, cause the boys insisted on windows and blinds being closed, locked down and for us to check the room for hands that might crawl up the bed - thanks honey for scaring the bejesus out of them!!).  And I never knew my hubby was such a good story teller!!  I'll have to brush up on my skills.

Today is a lazy day...finishing up laundry, cleaning out my closet so hubby can finish installing shoe racks for me.  I'll be browsing the blogs and I think I'll drag out my rug hooking stuff to finish up a project from about a year ago.  My friend Michele (above) is an incredibly talented hooker (rug hooker that is).  So another bonus while up there will be to strip (wool that is) and maybe come up with some pattern ideas.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!!

Toodles!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment